THE PLASTICS SPECIALIST OF LINDNER GROUP
Anyone who wants to recycle contaminated and unsorted plastics in a profitable way can rely on the technological advantage of Lindner washTech. As a globally operating company of Lindner Group (Spittal/Drau), we are your specialist for innovative systems for washing and processing plastic waste. We would be happy to realise a complete processing plant that is tailor-made to your specifications. A cost-efficient solution with high throughput – for any requirement, on any scale.
MICROMAT / MICROMAT WS
The high-performance, robust shredders of the Micromat series guarantee optimum pre-shredding of waste plastic.
These shredders reduce the feed material to the exact grain size needed for the downstream processes, from 20 to 100 mm.
- Wide range of customisable drive units, rotors and knives as well as special options for plastics
- Energy-saving types of drive units, with and without frequency converter
- Maintenance-friendly layout thanks to the specially designed maintenance flap for quick & easy access to the rotor
- Continuous in-line removal of obstacles thanks to the safety clutch
- Wet shredder model efficiently detaches dirt particles by directing jets of water onto the rotor
The Rafter is an efficient pre-washing unit for cleaning highly-contaminated, pre-shredded plastics, such as post-consumer LDPE films and hard plastics made of HDPE and PP.
In three phases, foreign matter such as stones, metal and glass are efficiently separated and adhering particles are detached, optimally preparing the plastics for the downstream washing process.
- Slow torque speed for gentle processing with minimal wear & tear
- Removal of foreign matter by chain-type conveyor
- Easy to integrate in existing systems to increase washing efficiency
The friction washers from the Twister series ensure highly efficient cleaning of contaminated plastics.
Even the finest particles of dirt are removed in a highly dynamic washing process and then separated through a screen. Friction is generated by directing jets of water onto the rotor.
- Variety of machine sizes available with throughput of up to 4000 kg/h
- Stainless steel machine casing
- Special rotor variants for different materials guarantee optimum washing efficiency
- Quick-change rotor paddles and screens
In a second shredding phase, the robust wet grinders of the Granulator WG series reliably shred the material to a fine grain.
The generally pre-washed material is processed at rotor speeds of 450–600 rpm, cleaned and ground to the desired grain size. In order to ensure the first-class quality of the granulate, the rotor carries 5 rows of blades and 2 counter-knives and operates on the energy-saving rotor-blade cutting principle.
- 5 different machine sizes with throughput capacities of up to 3000 kg/h available
- Special rotor variants for films or rigid plastics
- Maintenance-friendly layout thanks to specially designed maintenance flap for quick & easy access to the rotor
- The standard wet shredder model comes with specially designed rotor seals, optional nozzles and customised screen modules also available
The Graviter separates the waste plastics according to their weight.
The tried-and-tested sink-float method is used for reliable separation of the plastics. In this process step, plastics with a density of < 1 g/cm³ (PE, PP) is separated from plastics with a density of > 1 g/cm³ (PVC, ABS, PET).
- Available in 3 model variants (1500, 2000, 3000) with a range of throughput capacities
- Cost-efficient and low-wear processing
- Low water consumption – even with films – thanks to optimised material flow
- Machine casing entirely made of stainless steel
- Removal of heavy fractions by chain-type conveyor
In the Loop Dryer the plastic granulate is dried mechanically and any particles adhering to the material are detached using controlled centrifugal force.
The dryer spins the plastic granulate at approx. 600–1000 rpm, drying it in the process. The water and any particles such as paper adhering to the material are reliably separated through a special screen.
- Continuous cleaning unit on outside of screen
- Rotor diameters of 1000, 1200 and 1500 mm
- Different rotor variants with interchangeable and individually adjustable paddles
- Maintenance-friendly layout
In the Thermal Dryer the film fractions are dried to get them ready for the extrusion process.
In a spiral approx. 30 metres in length, thermal drying of the film fractions to less than 3 % residual moisture takes place using adaptive heating technology. The highly efficient SPS control guarantees a constant temperature, keeping energy consumption at a minimum.
- Optionally as gas or electric models available
- Different machine sizes for various materials and throughput capacities available
- Flexible application possibilities thanks to modular machine construction
The hot-wash system is specially designed for extremely tough contaminants and removes even grease and oil adhering to the material, while also eliminating any glue residues and unpleasant odours.
Through the combined use of three special components – reactor, hot-wash Rafter and hot-wash Twister – the system delivers a highly-effective and at the same time continuous cleaning process.
- Efficient removal of tough dirt particles adhering to the material thanks to optimally dosed friction and long holding of the material
- Can be operated with water or a caustic solution, depending on application and material
- Integrated water treatment facility, if required with automatic monitoring and control of the caustic solution
- Ideal for applications in PET and post-consumer plastics
The Film Examiner improves the output quality in film washing systems
Reliable separation of small hard contamination particles which are extremely difficult to remove using traditional methods within the washingline due to their specific density and size.
- Mounted directly in the air stream after the thermal drying process
- Utilization of the different flow characteristics between small contamination and light film flakes
- Retrofitting of existing plants is fast, easy and cost effective
We’ve been involved with JWA for a number of years now, from acquiring new recycling machinery to using their expertise to engineer a complete wash-line using their Siemens PLC control system. We are delighted with the work they have done for us, not just the results of the control system which has allowed us to increase throughput substantially but also the continued support offered by their engineers whenever we need them.
— Jason Hall, Group Engineering Manager – Jayplas