Agents and Consultants
Technology Driven Solutions
|You are here: Home - Material and Process Services|
Independent Technical Materials and Process Consulting Services
Steve Crompton is an experienced Polymer Technologist having operated in the polymer industry for over a twenty year period.
He has previously worked for some of the leading polymer companies within the UK and brings with him a wealth of experience covering a variety of disciplines.
Steve is very well known throughout the industry where he has built and grown his reputation in both the Plastics & Rubber industry.
Steve is able to assist and serve your company, using the the skills and attributes he possesses, combined with his extensive knowledge of the Polymer Industry.
These are detailed as follows:-
Project Management - from design & development through to full production trials / evaluations.
Including assistance in achieving necessary approval accreditations.
Polymeric Materials - theoretical / practical knowledge & experience of a wide range of polymers.
Established contacts with all major polymer suppliers, including Lyondell Basell, Sabic, Ineos, Exxon Mobil, Polimera Europa, Du Pont, Dow, Bayer & Total Petrochemicals.
PVC / UPVC, PA, PS, PE, PP, EVA, EBA, NR, NBR, EPDM, PCP, SBR, FKM
Examples of Typical Technologies
* Silane Grafted Polyethylene (Sioplas) Technology
* Zero Halogen, Low Smoke Technology - Flame Retardant Compounds
* XLPE Technology
* Lead & Unleaded PVC Technology
* Rubber Mixing Technology
Processing - theoretical / practical knowledge & experience on a wide range of processing equipment:-
* Compounding Extruders - single, twin-screw, ko-kneaders
* Internal Mixers / Banbury
* Sheet Extrusion
* Pipe Extrusion
* Cable Extrusion
* General Purpose Extrusion
* Rotational Moulding
* Injection Moulding
* Compression Moulding
Polymer Testing - theoretical / practical knowledge & experience of a full range of Analytical & Physical Testing techniques:-
IR, GLC, HPLC, NMR, XRF, MFI, SG, Stress/Strain Characteristics, Impact Testing, Sieve Analysis, Rheometers, Viscometers
Experience of Pipe Pressure Testing & Finished Cables
Other Areas of Activity - External Technical Service:-
* Polymer Material Trials on relevant Polymer Processing Equipment
* Independent body for assistance on Customer Complaints or Concerns
Contacts - Steve is well regarded in the Polymer Industry and has a range of contacts in the following areas:-
* Major Polymer Suppliers
* Major Polymer Processing Customers & Suppliers
* Machinery & Equipment, including Laboratory scale test equipment
* Additives & Pigments
* Auditing Bodies, including BSI & SGS Yarsley
* Accredited Test Laboratories & Institutes
* Excellent relationships with Universities associated with the Polymer Industry, ie Loughborough, Leeds, Bradford & Manchester